“Athens Gourmet” is much more than a cooking lesson or a food tour. It is a unique opportunity to explore the secrets of the Mediterranean diet and experience Greek cuisine as an insider.
This 5-hour-long experience will give you the opportunity to discover what cooking like an Athenian chef is like and to learn about local culinary traditions.
You will participate in every stage, from market to plate, involved in preparing a perfect Greek meal and get to enjoy the fruits of your efforts in a welcoming and comfortable setting.
Do not miss this relaxed and informative experience that engages all the senses!
- Explore the central food market
- Stop for a Greek coffee or herbal tea
- Learn about local gastronomy and the Greek cuisine
- Visit an Athenian house
- Cooking course (3hours) covering a full menu (appetizers, main course, dessert)
- Enjoy a meal made from top end ingredients at a local house
- Taste sweet and savory delicacies
- Private and possible to customize on the way
- 1-hour private walking tour
- 3-hour private cooking course
- 1-hour lunch or dinner
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- 4-course meal (3 different menus to choose from*)
- 1 refreshment/glass of wine/beer per person
- Printed recipes
- Private services of a professional Insider chef
- All taxes
* Further customization of menu is possible
Starting from 128 €/p.p. for a group of six people*.
Prices vary according to group size.
For detailed pricing and tour options please visit our booking form.
*Larger group sizes are available upon request. Cost will differentiate.
Next, you will visit the central food market and small specialty shops to acquire the ingredients you will be using and to explore various delicious products coming from all over the country.
Now it is time to start cooking! You will retreat to a fully equipped and comfortable kitchen space where you will prepare your meal under the guidance of our skilled chef. While waiting for the food to cook, you will sample a selection of typical starters and drinks.
Finally, you will enjoy the fruits of your labor during a lovely meal at the same comfortable location.
The perfect culinary experience for the dedicated foodie that wants to go one step further.
Duration: 5 hours
Suggested starting Time: 09:00 a.m., 10.00 a.m. or 16.00 p.m.
Notes & Clarifications
On afternoons, Sundays & holidays the food market is closed to visitors – The walking tour will be slightly amended.
This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site.
For groups of 7 or more travelers an alternative cooking venue will be used.
Please inform us about special dietary requirements and food allergies.
On afternoons, Sundays & holidays the food market is closed for visiting.
Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
Keep in mind that this is a private tour and it is possible to customize it to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us.
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests