Top Quality Greek private food tour in Athens. Tantalize your taste buds and gain insights into Greek gastronomy with this delicious Athens food walking tour. Learn all about the tastes Athenians cherish and indulge in a bountiful assortment of appetizing sweet and savory local delicacies and drinks with our food-wise guide.
Discover small shops, explore the city’s central food market and find out for yourself what the Greek food culture is really like.
- Enjoy a walking tour to the city’s most authentic neighborhoods
- Visit Athens central food market
- Discover unique specialty food stores
- Enjoy a cup of Greek coffee
- Sample a rich selection of sweet and savory local delicacies-enough to replace lunch!
- Learn about the Greek food culture and gastronomy
- Fun and knowledgeable Insider food specialist
- 4-hour walking tour
- Sampling of sweet and savory local delicacies –enough to replace lunch
- Greek coffee or herbal tea
- Services of a specialized Insider guide
- All taxes
Starting from 54 €/p.p. for a group of eight people.
Prices vary according to group size.
For detailed pricing and tour options please visit our booking form.
During our food tour you will get to taste the treats Athenians enjoy as part of their daily routine as well as gain insights into the development of our cooking methods, our recipes and culinary traditions.
You will indulge in mouth-watering sweet and savory delicacies, enough to replace lunch, such as traditional pies, Greek Souvlaki, Loukoumades and cold cuts. We will also enjoy one of Greece’s most famous beverage, the Greek coffee, as well as authentic spirits that are closely interwoven with the Greek lifestyle.
We will be visiting dedicated artisans that have perfected their recipes over the decades, as well as specialized food stores sourcing the best products from all over Greece. A culinary tour in Athens would not be complete without a visit to the city’s vibrant central food market where local vendors exhibit their produce from across the country.
With this sense-provoking tour you will discover all of the above with our friendly and knowledgeable food-wise guide. Furthermore, we can assist you with buying whatever tasty souvenirs you may want to take back home.
Hotel pick-up and drop off or any other transfers
Duration: 4 hours
Languages: English, French, Italian and German
Suggested starting Time: 9:00 a.m
Notes & Clarifications
This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site. If you wish to include a tour by a licensed state guide we can arrange it upon request.
A lunch break can be included in your itinerary; however the cost of it needs to be covered by you.
Should you want to change your private itinerary? Please do not hesitate to contact us through the inquiry form
Please inform us about special dietary requirements and food allergies.
Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
Children up to 12 years of age participate for free
Not available on Sundays & National Holidays
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests