The perfect solution for families visiting Athens!
The most exciting and interactive way for the children and for all the family to discover all about ancient Athens and to learn about the concept of democracy.
Travel with us in time to the glorious era of the 5th century BC and become an ancient Athenian for a day!
- Pass by some of the most significant landmarks
- Discover the history of ancient Athens through a child-friendly experiential game
- Enjoy a picnic with a variety of local snacks
- Play a number of fun and interactive games
*Recommended for families!
- 3-hour private experience
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- Fun and knowledgeable expert in educational games for children
- A picnic basket with local delicacies
- A handcrafted inspirational gift for the children
- All taxes
Starting from 53 €/p.p. for a group of eight people.
Prices vary according to group size.
For detailed pricing and tour options please visit our booking form
A special thank you to A Mother World for the pictures provided
The activity is a revival by the family of the ”Ecclesia” (Popular Assembly) that was responsible in Ancient times to vote on law proposals and elect certain magistrates. Through this experiential activity you will learn about the Golden Age of Pericles, the evolution of democracy and all about the everyday life of Athenian citizens who lived in the greatest city of the ancient Greek world.
The experience is multidimensional as it also includes theatrical and learning games, riddle solving, storytelling and creative art & crafts activities.
An entertaining and educational activity for families with children that are looking for a fun way to learn the history of Classical times and to discover how one of the most famous and beautiful cities of the ancient times was born.
Duration: 3 hours
Suggested starting Time: 09:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 16:00 p.m.
Notes & Clarifications
The experience is suitable for children 4-12 years old.
This activity does not include a visit to the Acropolis or any archaeological site.
In case of bad weather conditions the activity can be run in an indoor setting.
Since this activity also includes a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form.
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable tour leader “Insider” that matches your profile and interests