A private day excursion that will bring you closer to Poseidon and the element of water than any other tour.
Immerse yourself in the blue waters of the Aegean Sea, watch the sun set from the majestic Temple of Poseidon at Sounio and enjoy a delicious seafood dinner in the historic port-town of Lavrio.
- 17:00 Departure from Athens
- 19:00 Transfer to the Temple of Poseidon and exploration of the site
- 20:00 Walk and dinner in Lavrio
- 22:00 Return to Athens
- 5-hour private excursion
- Transport by private car or mini van
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Fuel & toll expenses
- Refreshments & snack basket
- Private services of a specialized Insider guide
- All taxes
How about adding to your trip to Sounio a horse ride? For this option contact us.
Departure and return times change slightly depending on the time of the year
Starting from 63 €/p.p. for a group of six people.
Prices vary according to group size.
For detailed pricing and tour options please visit our booking form
When you reach the temple at Sounio you will have time to explore the archaeological site and marvel at the sun sinking below the surface of the azure waters of the Aegean.
Entrance fees to the archaeological site
Duration: 5 hours
Languages: English & Other languages upon request
Suggested starting time: 05.00 p.m.
Notes & Clarifications
This tour does not include a guided tour to the archaeological site. If you wish for a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request.
Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form.
Don’t forget your hat, sun-block and a light cardigan.
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why there is no lunch or dinner included on your tours?
We are not bonded to low quality taverns, we are a commission free travel agency. We believe that our guests should have the freedom to choose. Prices vary greatly depending on whether you want fish, meat or just a souvlaki. We are here to recommend the best taverns whichever Greek specialty you wish to explore. This is the only way to ensure that you get what you want.