You’ve booked your late summer vacation to Greece and you still have your mind set on statues, beaches and sun? Well, maybe you should think again, because there might be something that has slipped your attention… We are, obviously, referring to food; one of the fundamental elements of Greek culture, the delights of which you should not miss.
Let’s make Dolmadakia.
What do we need?
Lots of patience, before everything else, especially if it’s your first time trying it.
So, let’s make “gemista”!
- 8 medium-sized tomatoes – not too soft
- 4 big bell peppers
- 1½ teacup of olive oil
- 2 big onions, grinded
- 1 water-glass of rice
- 2 heaped soup spoons of pine seeds
- 2 heaped soup spoons of black raisins
- 1 small cup of mint leaves, minced
- 1 small cup of parsley, minced
- ½ a kilo of potatoes
- 1 cup of rusks or toasted bread, grinded
- Salt and pepper