So, let’s make “gemista”!
- 8 medium-sized tomatoes – not too soft
- 4 big bell peppers
- 1½ teacup of olive oil
- 2 big onions, grinded
- 1 water-glass of rice
- 2 heaped soup spoons of pine seeds
- 2 heaped soup spoons of black raisins
- 1 small cup of mint leaves, minced
- 1 small cup of parsley, minced
- ½ a kilo of potatoes
- 1 cup of rusks or toasted bread, grinded
- Salt and pepper
Mediterranean nutrition in general and Greek cuisine in particular, are globally famous for their nutritional benefits and of course, their taste. There is a large variety of traditional Greek products with unique characteristics that you can only find in the magnificent country of Greece.
Greek production and traditional recipes go back thousands of years and it is no coincidence that merchants have been traveling from all over the world to get hold of the high quality, tasteful and nutritional Greek products. Let us introduce you to their unique qualities!