Get an authentic taste of ancient Greek gastronomy!
Get an authentic taste of ancient Greece in this special food tour that will travel you in the gastronomical wisdom of ancient times through flavors that have survived over thousands of years.
- Enjoy a private walking tour to the city’s most authentic neighbourhoods
- Visit the city’s central food market
- Discover unique specialty food stores
- Gain an insight into ancient Greek gastronomy
- Taste unique flavors that survive since antiquity
- 4-hour private walking tour including:
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking-distance from the tour’s location)
- Sampling of local beverages and delicacie
- Private services of a food wise “Insider” guide
- All taxes
Visit, guided tour and entrance fees to any archaeological site
Duration: 4 hours
For larger groups please contact us
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese & Other languages upon request
Suggested starting Time: 9:00 a.m or 10:00 a.m
The ancient Greek nutrition was characterized by its balance, as it included a rich variety of grains, fruits, vegetables and meat. Try our unique food tour and explore the streets of Athens while tasting appetizing treats that ancient Greeks used to enjoy.
In the company of our specialized food-wise guide, you will learn a lot about the ancient Greek nutrition standards and the social and philosophical ideas that underlined them. You will taste flavors that have been around for thousands of years, while exploring the vibrant Athenian streets.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site. If you wish to include a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request
- A lunch break can be included in your itinerary; however the cost of it needs to be covered by you
- Should you want to change your private itinerary, please do not hesitate to contact us through the inquiry form
- Please inform us about special dietary requirements and food allergies
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
- Not available on Sundays & National Holidays
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests