Athens is not just about antiquity. Being a contemporary city, Athens is full of intricate modern buildings, each with a story worth discovering. A large group of architects, local and foreign, known and unknown, have built a vast amount of interesting buildings, contributing to the cityscape of the modern metropolis.
Through the private walking tour proposed, you will discover masterpieces of classic and contemporary architecture hidden in plain sight, and you will come to know the stories behind present-day Athens.
- Enjoy a private walking tour to the city’s most authentic neighbourhoods
- Admire significant buildings
- Take in amazing views of the city sprawl
- Discover Neo-Classical, Modern, Post-Modern and contemporary architecture
- Drift through the modern city
- 4-hour private walking tour including:
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- Greek coffee or refreshment
- Private services of an architect “Insider” guide
- Farewell gift
- All taxes
Visit, guided tour and entrance fees to any archaeological site
Duration: 4 hours
Price per group size: 1 person 180 euro, 2 persons 200 euro, 3 persons 220 euro, 4 persons 240 euro, 5 persons 260 euro, 6 persons 280 euro, 7 persons 300 euro and 8 persons 320 euro
For larger groups please contact us
Suggested starting Time: 9:00 a.m or 10:00 a.m.
Join this tour and discover all about the city’s architectural scenery and background. From historical buildings to neoclassical styles and
contemporary architecture, Athens has a lot of stories to tell, through its bricks and mortar.
The tour is a familiarization with the past and the present of the city of Athens, through a focus on its architecture and urban planning.
You will explore the urban evolution of Athens through its recent history, gaining insight into the city’s character and the factors that shaped its environment.
You will walk by masterpieces of classic and contemporary architecture, but also discover exquisite neighborhoods and hidden treasures.
By the end of the day you will come to know the stories behind the closed doors of present-day Athens.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- The tour is available on a private basis which allows further customization
- If you wish you can extend the tour duration to an 8-hour walking tour (to book this version please send us an inquiry)
- You can always choose between the two suggested itineraries suggested above
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
- This tour does not include a guided tour to any archaeological site
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests