The ideal private walking tour for your first day in Athens. Get the feel of a city that has been inhabited for 4000 years in only 4 hours on this intriguing walking tour of Athens during which you will get to see some of the most significant landmarks and sights of the historical and modern city.
Athens is a fascinating city full of contrasts that can be intimidating for the first-timer. Save yourself the stress and worry and let us show you the most important landmarks in Athens as well as amazing hidden treasures off the beaten track.
- Admire significant landmarks
- Take in amazing views of the Acropolis and Ancient Agora
- Enjoy stunning panoramic views
- Discover Classical, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman traces
- Immerse yourself in the cobbled alleys of Plaka
- Drift through the modern city of Athens
- Visit Syntagma square
- Wander around Monastiraki square and its flea market
- Enjoy a Greek coffee or Greek herbal tea
- 4-hour walking tour
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- Greek coffee or herbal tea
- Private services of a specialized Insider guide
- All taxes
Starting from 40 €/p.p. for a group of eight people.
Prices vary according to group size.
For detailed pricing and tour options please visit our booking form
You will then descend, admiring along the way the amazing view of the Ancient Agora which was the commercial, political and religious center of Ancient Athens. You continue your walk through the heart of the historical center where you will discover Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman traces.
You will then immerse yourselves in the cobbled alleys of Plaka neighborhood, with its distinct and atmospheric architecture, before reaching the hustling and bustling modern city center. There, you will explore the commercial side of the city and enjoy its multiple facets.
You end your tour in Monastiraki square by wandering around its flea market. You are then free to continue exploring on your own or, depending on your energy, you can continue your walk until the Thission area.
Guided tour and entrance fees to any archaeological site
Duration: 4 hours
Languages: English, French, Italian, German
Suggested starting Time: 09:00 a.m. or 10:00 a.m.
Notes & Clarifications
This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site. If you wish for a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request.
Should you want to change your private itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us through the inquiry form
Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable tour leader “Insider” that matches your profile and interests