The ideal private walking tour for your first day in Athens. Get the feel of a city that has been inhabited for 4000 years in only 4 hours on this intriguing walking tour of Athens during which you will get to see some of the most significant landmarks and sights of the historical and modern city.
Athens is a fascinating city full of contrasts that can be intimidating for the first-timer. Save yourself the stress and worry and let us show you the most important landmarks in Athens as well as amazing hidden treasures off the beaten track.
- Admire significant landmarks
- Enjoy stunning panoramic views
- Discover Classical, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman traces
- Immerse yourself in the picteresque cobbled alleys of Plaka
- Drift through the modern city of Athens
- Visit Syntagma square
- Wander around Monastiraki square and its flea market
- 4-hour private walking tour including:
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- Greek coffee or herbal tea
- Private services of a specialized “Insider” guide
- Farewell gift
- All taxes
Visit, guided tour and entrance fees to any archaeological site
Duration: 4 hours
Price per group size: 1 person 180 euro, 2 persons 200 euro, 3 persons 220 euro, 4 persons 240 euro, 5 persons 260 euro, 6 persons 280 euro, 7 persons 300 euro and 8 persons 320 euro
For larger groups please contact us
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese & Other languages upon request
Suggested starting Time: 09:00 a.m. or 10:00 a.m.
The private tour of Athens commences at Thission train station and from there you will head up towards the ancient hill following the beautiful cobblestone pedestrian walkway of Dionyssiou Areopagitou passing by the Acropolis and making your first stop at the Areios Pagos rock so as to enjoy the stunning panoramic view of the city.
You will then descend, admiring along the way the amazing view of the Ancient Agora which was the commercial, political and religious center of Ancient Athens. You continue your walk through the heart of the historical center where you will discover Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman traces.
You will then immerse yourselves in the cobbled alleys of Plaka neighborhood, with its distinct and atmospheric architecture, before reaching the hustling and bustling modern city center. There, you will explore the commercial side of the city and enjoy its multiple facets.
You end your tour in Monastiraki square by wandering around its flea market. You are then free to continue exploring on your own or, depending on your energy, you can continue your walk until the Thission area.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site. If you wish for a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and it is possible to customize it to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable tour leader “Insider” that matches your profile and interests