Top-Quality private food tour in Athens. Tantalize your taste buds and gain insights into Greek gastronomy with this delicious Athens food walking tour. Learn all about the tastes Athenians cherish and indulge in a bountiful assortment of appetizing sweet and savory local delicacies and drinks with our food-wise guide.
Discover small shops, explore the city’s central food market and find out for yourself what the Greek food culture is really like.
- Enjoy a walking tour to the city’s most authentic neighborhoods
- Visit Athens central food market
- Discover unique specialty food stores
- Sample a rich selection of sweet and savory local delicacies-enough to replace lunch!
- Learn about the Greek food culture and gastronomy
- Fun and knowledgeable Insider food specialist
- 4-hour private walking tour including:
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- Sampling of local beverages and delicacies –enough to replace lunch
- Private services of a food-wise ‘Insider’ guide
- Farewell gift
- All taxes
Visit, guided tour and entrance fees to any archaeological site
Duration: 4 hours
Price per group size: 1 person 250 euro, 2 persons 275 euro, 3 persons 300 euro, 4 persons 325 euro, 5 persons 350 euro, 6 persons 375 euro, 7 persons 400 euro and 8 persons 425 euro
For larger groups please contact us
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese & Other languages upon request
Suggested starting Time: 9:00 a.m or 10:00 a.m
For the average resident of Athens food is much more than simple sustenance. It is a hobby, a topic of conversation, an endless passion.
During our food tour you will get to taste the treats which Athenians enjoy as part of their daily life, as well as gain insights into the development of our cooking methods, our recipes and culinary traditions.
Indulge in mouth-watering sweet and savory delicacies, enough to replace lunch. You will experience distinguishing recipes, emblematic products such as olives, traditional pies, Greek Souvlaki, Loukoumades, sharcuterie and cheeses, dry foods and nuts Greek coffee and will discover appetizing and unforgettable tastes. You will also enjoy one of Greece’s most famous beverages, the fresh ground Greek coffee.
You will be visiting dedicated artisans that have perfected their recipes over the decades, as well as specialized food stores sourcing the best products from all over Greece. A culinary tour in Athens would not be complete without a visit to the city’s vibrant central food market where local vendors exhibit their produce from across the country.
With this sense-provoking tour you will discover all of the above with our friendly and knowledgeable food-wise guide. Furthermore, we can assist you with buying whatever tasty souvenirs you may want to take back home.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site. If you wish to include a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request
- A lunch break can be included in your itinerary; however the cost of it needs to be covered by you
- Should you want to change your private itinerary, please do not hesitate to contact us through the inquiry form
- Please inform us about special dietary requirements and food allergies
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
- Not available on Sundays & National Holidays
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests