Private day-tour to Delphi. Once believed to be the center of the world and the site at which Apollo spoke through his oracle. Discover Delphi with a day-tour from Athens, a must-see with its exquisite archaeological site, together with a number of jewels of the surrounding area, on this unforgettable private excursion.
- Departure early in the morning from Athens
- Stop for a refreshment in Levadia Town (optional)
- Transfer to the archaeological site
- Private guided tour of the site and the museum
- Lunch in Arachova or Galaxidi village depending on food preference
(Galaxidi is renowned for its seafood whilst meat-lovers might want to try the a local dish at Arachova village)
- A walk in Galaxidi or Arachova a picturesque seaside village
- Swim in the sea! (depending on the time of season)
- Drive back home
- 11-hour (~approx) private excursion including:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private luxury car or mini van
- Refreshments & snack basket
- 2-hour Delphi archaeological site and museum guided tour by a local state-licensed guide
- Coffee or herbal tea treat
- Private services of a specialized “Insider” driver
- Fuel & toll expenses
- Farewell Gift
- All taxes
Entrance fees to the archaeological site
Cost of lunch
Departure and return times change slightly depending on the time of the year
Duration: 11 hours approx.
Price per group size: 1 person 625 euro, 2 persons 650 euro, 3 persons 675 euro, 4 persons 700 euro, 5 persons 725 euro and 6 persons 750 euro
For larger groups please contact us
Languages: English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Chinese & Other languages upon request
Starting time: 08.00 a.m.
Enjoy our day trip from Athens to Delphi.
Our private Delphi tour starts from Athens early in the morning with us picking you up from your accommodation with our private vehicle.
(optional) On the way to Delphi you will have the opportunity to admire imposing landscapes and to gain insights into the history of the area, as well as, to make a short stop at the small town of Levadia.
After a 2 hour leisurely drive we will arrive at the breath-taking archaeological site of Delphi with its outstanding museum. You will have plenty of time to explore the site with the guidance of a state licensed guide.
Once you have enjoyed the exquisite archaeological site of Delphi we will then drive to the picturesque seaside village of Galaxidi or visit the mountainous town of Arachova where we will enjoy a leisurely stroll and a delicious lunch in one of the local taverns.
Galaxidi also has a small beach where we could go for a little dip to refresh ourselves before returning to the city.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size.
- If you wish to avoid the morning crowds this tour is possible to take place during the afternoon. For this option send us a request through the inquiry form.
- A lunch break is included in your itinerary; however the cost of it needs to be covered by you.
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form.
- Since this tour includes a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle your swimming suit, beach towel, a light cardigan and lots of energy!
- On our day trip excursions children participate with a full fee.
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why there is no lunch or dinner included on your tours?
We are not bonded to low quality taverns, we are a commission free travel agency. We believe that our guests should have the freedom to choose. Prices vary greatly depending on whether you want fish, meat or just a souvlaki. We are here to recommend the best taverns whichever Greek specialty you wish to explore. This is the only way to ensuring that you get what you want.