Two-day private hike in Delphi. This tour follows the footsteps of the pilgrims from all over the ancient world on their way to Delphi.
A walk that provides many highlights of culture and nature reviving this 3000-year-old route from ancient Kirra up to Delphi.
Accompanied by your state-certified mountain guide you will behold fantastic landscapes, explore the stunning archaeological site of Delphi and tread on the footsteps of ancient travelers, crossing through the largest continuous olive grove in Greece in Amfissa and climbing up the lushly forested slopes of mount Parnassus.
- Walk along the ancient path from Kirra to Delphi
- Visit the Byzantine chapel of ‘Ai-Giorgis’
- Follow tranquil forest tracks through Mt. Parnassus
- Visit 2 famous settlements
- Learn about the richness of the history and mythology of this land
- 2-day private excursion and hiking experience
- Hotel Pick-up and return via private vehicle
- Private services of a specialized “Insider” guide
- All taxes
Cost of accommodation, lunch and dinner
Today’s journey follows the footsteps of pilgrims from all over the ancient world on to their way to worship Apollo at Delphi and consult with Pythia, the famous oracle widely credited for her prophecies.
Our walk begins at the medieval coastal village of Kirra with its wondrous lighthouse. The trail leads through lush olive groves, offering beautiful views to the Plistos Valley, climbing up to the Kressean Plateau on a winding paved path to reach the Byzantine country chapel of ‘Ai Giorgis’ situated in the village of Chrisso. Our journey continues through the village following the banks of the Mornos Canal leading towards the town of Delphi.
In the morning we visit the UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Site of Delphi.
After the guided tour we hike up from Delphi on the cobbled trail, ‘Skala’ which winds around the town of Delphi through a small ravine to the summer camp settlement of ‘Kroki’ where we will quench our thirst at the traditional drinking water fountain before we move on.
We continue through the pine covered foothills of Mount Parnassus, the home of poetry, literature and learning, to enter the cave of Korikion Andron. This cave was dedicated to Apollo and his nine muses who lived there and gave artists and thinkers creative inspiration.
Following tranquil forest paths we will cross a few meadows before we reach the settlement of Livadi. Our hike will end by satisfying our hunger at a local tavern by savoring some traditional Greek dishes.
Duration: 2 days
Starting Time: 08:00 a.m., 09:00 a.m.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This day-to-day itinerary should be taken only as a general guide. It is not possible to guarantee that the trip will run exactly according to the proposed itinerary. A variety of factors, including adverse weather conditions, can lead to enforced changes. The trip leader will make any changes that are necessary for the safety and well-being of the group
- On our day trip excursions children participate with a full fee
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why there is no lunch or dinner included on your tours?
We are not bonded to low quality taverns, we are a commission free travel agency. We believe that our guests should have the freedom to choose. Prices vary greatly depending on whether you want fish, meat or just a souvlaki. We are here to recommend the best taverns whichever Greek specialty you wish to explore. This is the only way to ensuring that you get what you want.