This private experience has been designed to complement your visit to the “documenta 14”. Our “Insider” guide is an experienced professional that has worked as an art journalist/critic for over twenty 20 years and will accompany you for the whole duration of this full-day private experience. Her profound knowledge of the Greek, as well as the international art scene makes her the ideal companion, who will engage with you in conversation relevant to the exhibits, help you navigate through the various exhibition spaces and offer you insights into the current affairs of contemporary art in Greece.
After meeting up with her you will walk together through the extensive outdoor exhibition space around the Acropolis. Apart from taking in the works of art exhibited there, you will also have the chance to share your artistic interests and your approach towards the “documenta 14” exhibition.
Before proceeding to the indoor venue, you will have a coffee break during which you can discuss so as to make the most of your subsequent visit to the main exhibition space, the National Museum of Contemporary Arts (EMST)*.
Here, you will attend a private “group walk” conducted by the official organizers of “documenta 14”, during which your “Insider” guide will offer additional information and insights according to your requests.
Next, you will be picked up by our private vehicle which will take you to the second indoor venue, the Athens School of Fine Arts (A.S.F.A.) campus at 256 Peiraios st**.
Here, as you did at the E.M.S.T., you will also attend a private “group walk” conducted by the official organizers of “documenta 14”, during which your “Insider” guide will offer additional information and insights according to your requests.
After this, you will take a one-and-a-half-hour (1h30) break to relax on your own and attend to your personal needs.
Following the break, you will meet your “Insider” guide at the exit of Evangelismos Metro Station and you will walk to the final indoor exhibition location, the Athens Conservatoire***.
Once again, you will attend the private “group walk” conducted here by the official organizers of “documenta 14”, in the company of your “Insider” guide.
Suggested Starting Time: 09.00 am
Meeting Point: Acropolis Metro Station
-The opening times of exhibition spaces and entrance fees are determined by the official organizers of “documenta 14” and are going to be finalized during a press conference on the 6th of April 2017. Our private tour proposals are based on the provisional information available on the official site of “documenta 14” (last update 23/3/17).
-Since this private experience involves an outdoor walking tour please make sure that you are wearing comfortable walking shoes and also that you are equipped with sun-block, sun-glasses and a hat or an umbrella, depending on the weather! Also make sure that you have a bottle of water with you.
- Meeting with your “Insider” guide at Acropolis Metro Station exit
- Walk and visit of the open-air exhibition space around the Acropolis(2 hrs)
- Coffee break (30’-45’)
- Transfer via Metro to the E.M.S.T.
- “Group walk” within the E.M.S.T. exhibition space(2hrs)
- Transfer with private vehicle to the A.S.F.A.
- “Group walk” within the A.S.F.A. exhibition space(2hrs)
- 1h30m break
- Meeting with your “Insider” guide at Evangelismos Metro Station exit
- Walk to Athens Conservatoire(5’)
- “Group walk” within the Athens Conservatoire exhibition space(2hrs)
- End of private experience
Inclusions of the full-day private experience
- Private services of an arts-professional “Insider” guide for the whole duration
- 2-hour walking tour of open-air art exhibits
- Coffee or other beverage
- Cost of Metro tickets for the transfer to E.M.S.T.
- Cost of the 2-hour “group walk” at the E.M.S.T. by the official organizers
- Cost of transfer with private Luxury Sedan, Luxury Mini-Van or Mini-Bus (depending on group size) to the A.S.F.A.
- Cost of the 2-hour “group walk” at the A.S.F.A. by the official organizers
- Cost of the 2-hour “group walk” at the Athens Conservatoire by the official organizers
- All taxes
- Admission fees to the “documenta 14” indoor exhibition space(s)
- Pick-up and drop-off to your accommodation
- Gratuities (optional)
*The EMST is one of the latest cultural arrivals in the city and a former beer brewery designed in 1961 by the visionary Greek modernist architect Takis Zenetos (1926–77), the refurbishment and final conversion of which was completed in February 2014.
**The A.S.F.A. was founded in 1837, as part of the School of the Arts. Landmark dates in its long history are the years: 1843, when it was promoted to Higher-Education School; 1901, when the first female student was admitted; and 1910 when it was granted independence from the National Technical University. Since 1994-95 the A.S.F.A. Library, Ateliers and Exhibition space our housed in the building at 256 Peiraios st.
***The Athens Conservatoire is the oldest music institution in the history of the modern Greek State. It was founded in June 1871 and since then it has maintained its purely charitable status, which was stipulated and outlined in its founding statute. Ever since, it has been the incubator and springboard for the most prominent, internationally-acclaimed Greek music personalities, such as Maria Callas and Mikis Theodorakis.