This private experience has been designed to complement your visit to the “documenta 14”. Our “Insider” guide is an experienced professional that has worked as an art journalist/critic for over twenty 20 years and will accompany you for the whole duration of this 5-hour private experience. Her profound knowledge of the Greek, as well as the international art scene makes her the ideal companion, who will engage with you in conversation relevant to the exhibits, help you navigate through the various exhibition spaces and offer you insights into the current affairs of contemporary art in Greece. After meeting up with her you will walk together through the extensive outdoor exhibition space around the Acropolis. Apart from taking in the works of art exhibited there, you will also have the chance to share your artistic interests and your approach towards the “documenta 14” exhibition. Before proceeding to the indoor venue, you will have a coffee break during which you can discuss so as to make the most of your subsequent visit to the main exhibition space, the National Museum of Contemporary Arts (EMST)*.
Suggested Starting Time: 09.00 am
Meeting Point: Acropolis Metro Station
-The opening times of exhibition spaces and entrance fees are determined by the official organizers of “documenta 14” and are going to be finalized during a press conference on the 6th of April 2017. Our private tour proposals are based on the provisional information available on the official site of “documenta 14” (last update 23/3/17).
-Since this private experience involves an outdoor walking tour please make sure that you are wearing comfortable walking shoes and also that you are equipped with sun-block, sun-glasses and a hat or an umbrella, depending on the weather! Also make sure that you have a bottle of water with you.
- Meeting with your “Insider” guide at Acropolis Metro Station exit
- Walk and visit of the open-air exhibition space around the Acropolis(2 hrs)
- Coffee break (30’-45’)
- Transfer via Metro to the E.M.S.T.
- “Group walk” within the E.M.S.T. exhibition space(2hrs)
- End of private experience
Inclusions of the 5-hour private experience
- Private services of an arts-professional “Insider” guide for the whole duration
- 2-hour walking tour of open-air art exhibits
- Coffee or other beverage
- Cost of Metro tickets for the transfer to E.M.S.T.
- Cost of the 2-hour “group walk” at the E.M.S.T. by the official organizers
- All taxes
- Admission fees to the “documenta 14” indoor exhibition space(s)
- Pick-up and drop-off to your accommodation
- Gratuities (optional)
*The EMST is one of the latest cultural arrivals in the city and a former beer brewery designed in 1961 by the visionary Greek modernist architect Takis Zenetos (1926–77), the refurbishment and final conversion of which was completed in February 2014.