A private 2-day excursion to the mainland of Greece, exploring the navel of the Earth, Delphi, the sacred region of Meteora and the impressive Thermopylae museum.
During the first day of your excursion, and before reaching the spiritual site of Greece, Meteora, you will visit the sanctuary of Delphi, where the renowned oracle of ancient Greece was situated. You will be captivated by the breath-taking archaeological site of Delphi and its outstanding Museum that are set within a landscape of stunning natural beauty.
The second day of your excursion is devoted to the exploration of the spectacular natural landscape of Meteora which is the second largest pilgrimage and monastic area in Greece. The so called “stone forest”, with its numerous impressive monasteries that are harmoniously set within a serene landscape will offer you a sacred fascination like no other.
- Visit the imposing archaeological site of Delphi
- Admire imposing landscapes
- Explore of the extraordinary sight of Meteora
- Visit 1-6 Monasteries
- Learn about the richness of the history and mythology of this land
- Visit the innovative Thermopylae museum
- 2-day private excursion
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private car or mini van
- Refreshment & snack basket
- Private services of a specialized Insider driver & guide
- 2-hour guided tour of the archaeological site and museum of Delphi by state licensed guide
- Visit Meteora rocks and 1-6 Monasteries
- All taxes
Prices vary according to group size.
For detailed pricing and tour options please visit our booking form
Be prepared for a journey to the center of the world. After a spectacular drive across the countryside admiring imposing landscapes you will reach the most important archaeological site of Greece, Delphi.
Once there, enjoy at your own pace a private guided tour through the exquisite archaeological site and the museum of Delphi.
After you have marveled at the grandeur and serenity of the setting you will depart for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Meteora.
Overnight stay in Kalambaka.
Day 2: Meteora & Thermopylae
Your day will be dedicated to the exploration of the extraordinary sights of Meteora. Accompanied by your Insider guide you will lose yourself in a landscape of breathtaking rock formations and exquisite monasteries dating back to the 9th c. AD.
Once you have admired the immense divinity of the site you will start your return trip to Athens passing by the site of one of the most memorable battles in Greek history, Thermopylae.
Cost of accommodation, lunch and dinner
Duration: 2 days
Suggested starting Time: 08:00 a.m., 09:00 a.m.
Notes & Clarifications
Available also during the afternoon to avoid morning crowds. For this option send us a request through the inquiry form.
Keep in mind that this is a private tour and it is possible to customize it to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form.
Since this tour includes a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle, a light cardigan and lots of energy!
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable tour leader “Insider” that matches your profile and interests
Frequently Asked Questions:
– Why there is no lunch or dinner included on your tours?
We are not bonded to low quality taverns, we are a commission free travel agency. We believe that our guests should have the freedom to choose. Prices vary greatly depending on whether you want fish, meat or just a souvlaki. We are here to recommend the best taverns whichever Greek specialty you wish to explore. This is the only way to ensuring that you get what you want.