A full-day private excursion. Grasp the glory of the Mycenaean civilization, visit the Corinth Canal, discover the precious gems of atmospheric Nafplio; one of the best-preserved historic towns of the country and visit the famous archaeological site of Epidaurus, on this amazing full day private excursion.
- Departure early in the morning from Athens
- Short stop at the Corinth Canal
- Visit the archaeological site of Mycenae
- Private guided tour of the site and the museum
- Departure to Nafplio town
- A leisure walk and lunch in Nafplio
- Visit archaeological site of Epidaurus*
- Drive back home
*Available only during May-September
Departure and return times change slightly depending on the time of the year
- 9-hour (~approx) private excursion including:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private luxury car or mini van
- 2-hour guided tour to the archaeological site and museum of Mycenae by a local state licensed guide
- Visit to the archaeological site of Epidaurus
- Refreshments & snacks basket
- Greek Coffee or refreshment
- Private services of a specialized “Insider” driver
- Farewell gift
- All taxes
Entrance fees to the archaeological sites
Cost of lunch at Nafplio
Duration: 9 hours (~approx)
For larger groups please contact us
Languages: English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Chinese & Other languages upon request
Suggested starting time: 08:00 a.m. , 09:00 a.m
We will start from Athens in the early morning, after a scenic 1.5hr drive, including a short stop at the Corinth Canal, we will reach the archaeological site of Mycenae. There, you will enjoy a guided tour of the site and museum, and get to admire the monumental ruins that beautifully blend with the surrounding landscape.
Your guide will offer interesting information about the history of one of the most important civilizations and insights into the way of life of the Myceneans at the location where everything took place.
We will then set off to the picturesque town of Nafplio to savor a delicious lunch at a traditional tavern. A leisurely stroll along the cobblestone alleys will give you the chance to take in the beautiful architecture and to learn about this town’s illustrious past.
Before reaching Athens we will also make a stop at the spectacular archaeological site of Epidaurus, to admire the ancient theater, the sanctuary of Asklepius – considered to be the birthplace of medicine- and the Ancient Stadium of Epidaurus.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- Available also during the afternoon to avoid morning crowds. For this option send us a request through the inquiry form
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
- Since this tour includes a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle your swimming suit, beach towel, a light cardigan and lots of energy!
- On our day trip excursions children participate with a full fee
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why there is no lunch or dinner included on your tours?
We are not bonded to low quality taverns, we are a commission free travel agency. We believe that our guests should have the freedom to choose. Prices vary greatly depending on whether you want fish, meat or just a souvlaki. We are here to recommend the best taverns whichever Greek specialty you wish to explore. This is the only way to ensure that you get what you want.