The implications of the financial crisis for the Greek society and all the Insider’s information that the international media did not reveal.
A walk through the center of Athens, perfectly designed in accordance to the modern Greek political and financial scene.
The road to the financial crisis and the constant political changes in the country which has suffered a 33% loss of its GDP in peace time in just 5 years.
- Witness the contrasts between the neighboring areas of Kolonaki and Exarhia
- Stroll through the modern city
- Visit the gardens of the Athens polytechnic school
- Visit Syntagma square and the Parliament
- Pass by the Athenian Trilogy and marvel at three neoclassical buildings of exceptional architecture that host the National Library, University of Athens and the Academy of Athens
- 4-hour private walking tour including:
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- Greek coffee or refreshment
- Services of a specialized “Insider” guide
- Farewell gift
- All taxes
*Pictures featured on this thematic tour are from photographer Costas Baltas
Duration: 4 hours
For larger groups please contact us
Languages: English, German
Suggested Starting Times: 09:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 16:00 p.m. (during summer months)
A knowledgeable insider will walk you through the most important landmarks of the demonstrations which have taken place in Athens over the past five years and the indelible marks they have left to the city and the everyday life of the Athenians.
The Greek Parliament, Marfin burned bank, Kolonaki area, Exarhia area and the Greek polytechnic school are just some of the places this walking tour will take you through.
A tour to help you understand what really happened in Greece and the implications of austerity measures on Greek society.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a visit to the Acropolis or any archaeological site
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests