Experience living history through a 2-day excursion combining a visit to Ancient Olympia, the most important sanctuary and athletic center in Ancient Greece, and the awe-inspiring citadel of the Mycenaean civilization.
During the first day of your excursion, before reaching the town of Olympia, you will stop at the Corinth Canal; besides its historic significance, which you will learn about, it also offers a perfect photo-shooting opportunity. Crossing over it, you will proceed to the archeological site of Mycenae where the palace of legendary Agamemnon, who led the Greeks during the Trojan War, once stood. Following that, you will visit the atmospheric town of Nafplio to explore its cobbled streets and also other facets of this little-known gem (alternatively you may choose to explore the imposing site of Ancient Messini).
On the second day you will have plenty of time to lose yourself in the richness of the stunning, extensive and quite intact archaeological site of Olympia, famous to many as it was the very place where the Οlympic Games were born. There you will have the chance to see numerous masterpieces from the ancient Greek world and learn about the rich history of this land.
- Grasp the glory of the Mycenaean civilization
- Visit the Corinth Canal
- Discover the precious gems of atmospheric Nafplio or visit the imposing site of Ancient Messini
- Explore the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece, Olympia
- Learn about the richness of the history and mythology of this land
- 2-day private excursion
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private car or mini van
- Refreshment & snack basket
- Private services of a specialized Insider driver & guide
- 2-hour guided tour of the archaeological site and museum of Mycenae by state-licensed guide
- 2-hour guided tour of the archaeological site and museum of Olympia by state-licensed guide
- All taxes
Prices vary according to group size.
For detailed pricing and tour options please visit our booking form
* The picture featured on the main tour theme is from photographer Yorgos Karahalis
Your first day will take you on a journey to the site of one of the most important ancient civilizations in Greece. After a spectacular drive through the countryside admiring imposing landscapes and a short stop at the impressive Corinth Canal we will reach the stunning archaeological site of Mycenae.
Once there, enjoy at your own pace a private guided tour through the archaeological site with its monumental ruins and a visit to its unique museum.
After you have absorbed the aura of this site of ancient legends and epics and before reaching Ancient Olympia you will either visit the picturesque city of Nafplio or the well-preserved site of Ancient Messini situated in an unspoiled inland setting.
Overnight stay at Ancient Olympia.
Day 2: Ancient Olympia
Your whole day will be dedicated to the exploration of the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Walk through the impressive ruins and marvel at the numerous attractions of the site such as the massive temple of Zeus, the Museum and the ancient stadium where athletes used to train and compete 3000 years ago.
You will then start your return trip to Athens making a stop to admire the unique sinking bridge of Poseidonia in Corinthos.
Cost of accommodation, lunch and dinner
Duration: 2 days
Suggested starting Time: 08:00 a.m., 09:00 a.m.
Notes & Clarifications
Keep in mind that this is a private tour and it is possible to customize it to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form.
Since this tour includes a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle, a light cardigan and lots of energy!
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable tour leader “Insider” that matches your profile and interests
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why there is no lunch or dinner included on your tours?
We are not bonded to low-quality taverns; we are a commission-free travel agency. We believe that our guests should have the freedom to choose. Prices vary greatly depending on whether you want fish, meat or just a souvlaki. We are here to recommend the best taverns whichever Greek specialty you wish to enjoy. This is the only way to ensure that you get what you want.