A private half-day excursion, just two hours away from the Athens city center, that will bring you closer to the God of the sea, Poseidon and the element of water; a place where the horizon meets the Aegean Sea.
Immerse yourself in the blue waters of the Aegean Sea and watch the sun set from the majestic Temple of Poseidon perched on the rocks of Sounio.
- Departure from Athens
- Transfer to the Temple of Poseidon and exploration of the site
- Return to Athens
*If you wish to enjoy a delicious sea-food dinner, overlooking the Temple of Poseidon, after your visit to the Temple, the tour will be extended by one extra hour – Cost will differentiate
- 5-hour private excursion including:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private luxury car or mini van
- Refreshments & snack basket
- Private services of a specialized “Insider” driver
- Fuel & toll expenses
- All taxes
Guided tour to the archaeological site
Entrance fees to the archaeological site
How about adding to your trip to Sounio a horse ride? For this option contact us.
Departure and return times change slightly depending on the time of the year
Your private tour will start from Athens to enjoy the once-in-a-lifetime experience of watching the sun set from the temple of Poseidon. The drive along the impressive coastline of Attica is a beautiful experience on its own with amazing views and many opportunities to immerse ourselves into Poseidon’s kingdom.
When you reach the temple at Sounio you will have time to explore the archaeological site and marvel at the the serene scenery and the sun sinking below the surface of the azure waters of the Aegean.
After you have marveled the Temple of Poseidon and the Aegean Sea we can either visit the small, historic port-town of Lavrio to enjoy a delicious dinner of locally caught seafood or enjoy a fine dinner at a restaurant overlooking the Temple of Poseidon.
Once our appetites have been satisfied we will start our journey back to Athens.
Duration: 5 hours
Price per group size: 1 person 280 euro, 2 persons 300 euro, 3 persons 320 euro, 4 persons 340 euro, 5 persons 360 euro and 6 persons 380 euro
For larger groups please contact us
Languages: English, French & Other languages upon request
Suggested starting time: Departure times change depending on the time of the year. Pick up time from your local accommodation is set approximately 2 hours before sunset. Exact starting time can be decided upon booking.
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a guided tour to the archaeological site. If you wish for a tour by a state-licensed guide we can arrange it upon request
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form
- Don’t forget your hat, sun-block and a light cardigan
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why there is no lunch or dinner included on your tours?
We are not bonded to low quality taverns, we are a commission free travel agency. We believe that our guests should have the freedom to choose. Prices vary greatly depending on whether you want fish, meat or just a souvlaki. We are here to recommend the best taverns whichever Greek specialty you wish to explore. This is the only way to ensure that you get what you want.