Want a walking tour and a cooking course? Now you can do both! The perfect way to gain a hands-on experience of this intricate and healthy cuisine. The ultimate gastronomical experience, for the foodie that wants it all.
On this tour, spend your day with a local professional chef who will guide you through the wonderful process of preparing some of Greece’s, most well-known dishes.
Explore the fascinating city of Athens on a private city walking tour and then retreat to a private setting to learn how to prepare delicious Greek nibbles (meze). See the city’s main highlights; mingle with locals and master traditional recipes!
- Explore some of the city’s main landmarks on a private city walking tour
- Enjoy a hands-on cooking course
- Prepare and savor authentic Greek meze recipes made from extra fresh ingredients
- Learn about the Greek gastronomical transditions
- Private and relaxed setting
*Recommended for families!
- 4-hour private experience including:
- 1-hour city walking tour
- 2-hour hands-on private cooking course
- 1-hour Lunch or Dinner (3 traditional meze plates)
- Hotel pick-up (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location)
- Greek coffee
- Glass of wine/beer
- Printed recipes
- Private services of a specialized “Insider” chef
- All taxes
Duration: 4 hours
For larger groups please contact us
Languages: English, Chinese
Suggested starting Time: 09:00 a.m. or 10:00 a.m.
Your tour starts with a 1-hour leisurely city walk encompassing some of the most important sights of the city. After you have got a taste of what Athens is like and built up a healthy appetite, the time is right to taste some authentic Greek food prepared by you!
After your walk you will retreat to a private and comfortable setting in the center of Athens where our food-wise guide will take you through the basics of Greek cuisine and assist you with preparing some typical Greek meze recipes such as the famous melitzanosalata (eggplant salad), as well as lesser known, but equally tasty, local delicacies.
You will participate in every stage, from preparation to plate, after which you will enjoy the fruits of your efforts with lovely company and a few glasses of fine Greek wine. Yeia mas (Cheers)!
Notes & Clarifications
- Prices vary according to group size
- This tour does not include a guided tour to the Acropolis or any other archaeological site
- Please inform us about special dietary requirements and food allergies
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
- Keep in mind that this is a private tour and it is possible to customize it to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the most suitable tour leader “Insider” that matches your profile and interests