Family friendly private excursion. An engaging full day excursion for the whole family in one of the most pristine areas of the Peloponnese, shedding light into the history of Greece.
Grasp the glory of the Mycenaean civilization and explore the cobblestone alleys of atmospheric Nafplio; one of the best preserved historic towns of Greece, on this amazing full day private excursion especially catered for families with children.
- Departure early in the morning from Athens
- Short stop at the Corinth Canal
- Transfer to the archaeological site of Mycenae
- Exploration of the site and the museum
- Departure to Nafplio town
- A leisure walk and lunch in Nafplio
- Drive back home
- 10-hour (~approx) private excursion
- Transport by private car or mini van
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Refreshments & snacks basket
- Coffee or refreshment treat
- Short stop at the Corinth Canal
- Mycenae child-friendly guided tour
- 1-1,5 hour pottery workshop
- Fun pack – inspirational gift for the children
- A child friendly Insider guide who is an expert at keeping kids happy
- Private services of a specialized Insider guide
- All taxes
*Recommended for families!
Departure and return times change slightly depending on the time of the year
Starting from 121.5 €/p.p. for a group of seven people.
Prices vary according to group size.
For detailed pricing and tour options please visit our booking form.
We will start our journey early in the morning towards the Corinth Canal, after a short stop, we will head to archaeological site of one of the greatest ancient civilizations in the world. Once at Mycenae, you will be totally blown away by the monumental ruins that beautifully blend with the surrounding landscape.
Your guide will offer the whole family a captivating guided tour to the site, especially designed to keep the interest of the youngsters at all times. While there the family will also engage in fun activities specially catered for the children.
Before setting off to the beautiful town of Nafplio, we will make a stop for a pottery workshop. There the children can leave their imagination to travel back in the Mycenaean times and create artifacts inspired by their visit to Mycenae which they can also take home with them.
Once we reach the picturesque town of Nafplio, we will savor a delicious lunch at a traditional Greek tavern and after that we will enjoy a traditional local sweet.
Prior to our departure to Athens the whole family will have the time to explore the city, which is considered to be one of the most romantic cities in Greece, take in the beautiful architecture, get lost it its graphic alleys, play at its spacious squares and learn all about its illustrious past and myths that surround it.
Entrance fees to the archaeological site
Cost of lunch at Nafplio
Duration: 10 hours approx.
Languages: English, Italian & Other languages upon request
Suggested starting time: 08.00 a.m., 09:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m.
Notes & Clarifications
Available also during the afternoon to avoid morning crowds. For this option send us a request through the inquiry form.
On our day trip excursions children participate with a full fee.
Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form.
What makes us different?
- We offer only private tours. No mixed groups
- We are absolutely flexible. Our tours can be customized to your wishes
- Special requests are always welcome. We love to tailor holidays
- All of our tours are designed and operated by our company
- Our tour leaders “Insiders” are thoroughly selected and trained, each one of them expert in his field
- We always match the best tour leader “Insider” to fit your interests
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why there is no lunch or dinner included on your tours?
We are not bonded to low quality taverns, we are a commission free travel agency. We believe that our guests should have the freedom to choose. Prices vary greatly depending on whether you want fish, meat or just a souvlaki. We are here to recommend the best taverns whichever Greek specialty you wish to explore. This is the only way to ensuring that you get what you want.